I have been receiving so many great emails from back home, and I would love to share them with all y'all here, mainly because monologues do tend to become tiresome no matter what the subject. Here we have one such email from one Mr. Graham Rankin, the most ardent Casablanca fan I'm aware of.
Grace,
I got your postcard today, and it has single-handedly brightened an otherwise miserable week. I can't tell you how happy I was to see something addressed to me from "Rick's Cafe." The English language can't properly express my jealousy at the scene you described, and rest assured that had I been there, not only would I have quoted "Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world..." but I would have gone on to recite the rest of the movie to you. And then I would have finished my martini and ordered the band to play "La Marseillaise." I get a huge kick out of every post on the blog, and I look forward to talking to you and asking many annoying questions about the trip. Take care.
Graham
P.S.
"What in Heaven's name brought you to Casablanca?"
"My health. I came to Casablanca for the waters."
"Waters? What waters? We're in the desert."
"I was misinformed."
I got your postcard today, and it has single-handedly brightened an otherwise miserable week. I can't tell you how happy I was to see something addressed to me from "Rick's Cafe." The English language can't properly express my jealousy at the scene you described, and rest assured that had I been there, not only would I have quoted "Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world..." but I would have gone on to recite the rest of the movie to you. And then I would have finished my martini and ordered the band to play "La Marseillaise." I get a huge kick out of every post on the blog, and I look forward to talking to you and asking many annoying questions about the trip. Take care.
Graham
P.S.
"What in Heaven's name brought you to Casablanca?"
"My health. I came to Casablanca for the waters."
"Waters? What waters? We're in the desert."
"I was misinformed."

No comments:
Post a Comment